Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Poetry || Innocently Guilty

By Kreshna Galicia

Wrecked papers and empty pens scatter
Head aching thinking on what should be the letter
That fits into this combination of words
For my hidden ideas to unfold

But… What to put? What to write?
When my mind is already out of sight
Flying to the abyss of imagination
Forgetting the realism of the world I’m in

Should I write the truth or the truth I know?
There’s a big difference with these two worlds that I saw
One is to where I’m being awakened
The other is what was taught when my eyes opened

Probably it’s my chance to speak my mind
To give light to those who are blind
Blind from the other side of reality
Reality where I found myself guilty

Newspapers showing pictures of agony
Paupers take over the scenery
Dying because of starvation
But those who have eyes resist observation

Deaths of innocents rises
By officials that should be ruling places
Power are abused, positions are hard to defeat
Why did we let the monsters have it?

What to do? What to say?
When I’m too young to speak today
I just hope my shouts are loud
Enough to be heard by the people above

No comments:

Post a Comment